12.01pm Haili Hughes

Tuesday 6th April 2021
colin.hill
Site Admin

12.01pm Haili Hughes

Post by colin.hill » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:30 am

Presentation Title:
Make mentoring matter: Practical tips for mentors to utilise the Early Career Framework
Details:
Using an Early Career Framework, the presentation will explore how mentors can interpret guidance in their everyday role as mentors. I will also examine the research to provide mentors with practical ideas for how they can best support their NQTs.

HailiHughes

Re: 12.01pm Haili Hughes

Post by HailiHughes » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:55 am

Hello all,
I hope you found the presentation useful! I am hugely passionate about mentoring and hope that these tips and my book (Available here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mentoring-Scho ... op?ie=UTF8) are helpful in guiding mentors how to best utilise their time with their NQTs. I am busy preparing for another conference at a university but will be around on Twitter today in the background, so please message me at @HughesHaili if you have any questions/comments.
Thanks,
Haili

JJagiello11

Post by JJagiello11 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:28 pm

I have been trained on the GROW model of coaching, but have knowledge of Instructional Coaching and now understand its application to mentoring novice teachers by tying it into the Early Career Framework. The application of Knight's Model of Instructional Coaching using the Teaching Standards to set the goals with Learn that ... followed by Learn how to ..., then apply the learning in practice and evaluate and reflect on its impact.

Jennesha29

Post by Jennesha29 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:57 pm

Do you think bad mentoring experiences happen in higher education, as much as early years? Do you think mentoring is as beneficial in higher education, as it is in early years?