11.36am Jane Green

Tuesday 6th April 2021
colin.hill
Site Admin

11.36am Jane Green

Post by colin.hill » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:31 am

Presentation Title:
Why do we need to know about Hypermobility syndromes? Introducing the Ehlers-Danlos and Hypermobility Disorders School Toolkit for primary and secondary school staff
Details:
Why do we need to know about hypermobility disorders/syndromes (Ehlers-Danlos) plus co-occurring conditions? Attainment and attendance for pupils with hypermobility syndromes is limited by the misunderstanding and misdiagnosis of ‘issues with our tissues’. This presentation describes what Ehlers-Danlos syndromes and Hypermobility Spectrum Disorders are, how they impact pupils with these issues, their attainment and attendance plus other common co-occurrences with other neurodivergent conditions and disorders. Launching late April 2021 is the new UK wide Hypermobility School Toolkit, a free online resource produced by the 2 leading charities in the UK, Ehlers-Danlos.org and HMSA. I am passionate about this and voluntarily leading the content for this toolkit after my personal diagnosis of hypermobility and professional educational career.

ConnectiveJG

Re: 11.36am Jane Green

Post by ConnectiveJG » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:08 am

Hello, if there are any questions please post and I will be able to reply later today, thanks Jane

Elizabeth Bentley

Post by Elizabeth Bentley » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:11 pm

Thank you so much for this. My daughter has EDS (and PoTS), and was forced to drop out of 6th form college due to lack of understanding of the condition.

ConnectiveJG

Post by ConnectiveJG » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:12 pm

I'm sorry to hear your daughter dropped out but unfortunately a not uncommon occurrence. My passion has to ensure this doesn't happen in the future and I have endeavoured to work on funding for this hypermobility toolkit for some years and advocate more widely in this area.