Tuesday 6th April 2021
colin.hill
Site Admin

3.34pm Tara Walsh

Post by colin.hill » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:27 pm

Presentation Title:
Taking Teaching Online
Details:
While the education community is adapting rapidly to the landscape, there’s still a long way to go. Educators now more than ever are hungry for pedagogy-focused professional development to help them motivate and engage students in online teaching environments. This talk will delve into what evidence-based practice educators should be using in online, blended, and flipped classrooms.

Jennesha29

Re: 3.34pm Tara Walsh

Post by Jennesha29 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:02 pm

Do you think online learning will stay to become the new trend? When adapting your teaching online, along with understanding and knowing what online tools are good for your class, do you think it’s possible to meet the needs of all learning styles online?

Tara Walsh

Post by Tara Walsh » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:09 pm

For those who watched the presentation you can access the resources that I spoke about at https://tom.makematic.com. If you'd like the white paper or have any questions, please send me an email on tara@makematic.com.

I hope you enjoy the presentation.

HazelDaze

Post by HazelDaze » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:21 pm

Are we able to access a recording of your talk? Unfortunately I missed it, but would be really interested to hear it. I'm currently an online teacher for a P2-4 group who are isolating/long term absent. I've not been in the role long but loving it, and can see lots of ways this might be continuing into the future. Thanks

uked-colin

Post by uked-colin » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:24 pm

HazelDaze wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:21 pm Are we able to access a recording of your talk? Unfortunately I missed it, but would be really interested to hear it. I'm currently an online teacher for a P2-4 group who are isolating/long term absent. I've not been in the role long but loving it, and can see lots of ways this might be continuing into the future. Thanks
Hello Hazel,

You can access all the presentations on the CPD course at https://uked.academy/courses/ukedconf21-cpdcourse/ where they are on-demand. Also, they will be added to patreon.com/ukedchat over the next few days.

JJagiello11

Post by JJagiello11 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:07 pm

I am looking forward to the White Paper online resources with 2-3 minute videos available in April, and also the free Teaching Online Masterclasses (TOM) captured in 2-3 minute videos.