6.02pm Bob Cox

Wednesday 7th April 2021
colin.hill
Site Admin

6.02pm Bob Cox

Post by colin.hill » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:48 am

Presentation Title:
Why Primary Pupils Need Challenging Literature!
Details:
I will present a rationale for challenging literature, past and present being at the centre of an English curriculum which gives opportunities for deeper learning ,richer reading and talk and more curiosity. I'll explore how using quality texts link with quality writing too.

Excellence

Re: 6.02pm Bob Cox

Post by Excellence » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:23 pm

I will be speaking about the key points from the work of our networks to open doors to a more challenging curriculum for all their pupils! We have devised both principles and strategies for delivering a high pitch and inclusive English programme and we work with Trusts, networks and individual schools to support a quality text revolution! The principles are there for you to adapt to your individual needs. I will be exploring case studies and pupils' work to model key ways of using literature as part of a fascinating reading culture.

You may be the person who opens doors to opportunities and confidence for your pupils.

Who opened the doors for you?
Has your school begun to build an ambitious entitlement curriculum for all?
Are you interested in being an 'opening doors' school?

Do take a look at my website and free videos which support you through some literary journeys.

www.searchingforexcellence.co.uk
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... dmy5uQrRAX

Excellence

Post by Excellence » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:17 am

This attachment is a summary of the opening doors strategies, the toolkit our schools use in very flexible ways. It is applied to help access the potential of the challenging texts used and to ensure all learners can have a chance to excel. Principles of high pitch approaches and regular cognitive challenge for all set the frequency; the toolkit is the practical classroom support which signposts ways in which those principles can be applied.
Toolkit for Challenging English.docx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JJagiello11

Post by JJagiello11 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:25 pm

Thank you for your thought-provoking presentation beautifully illustrated my your daughter, as well as all the resources available in your books and blog.

Excellence

Post by Excellence » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:45 pm

That’s so kind and has made my day!
Let me know if you want any further support.
My website has lots more!
www.searchingforexcellence.co.uk

Please tell your colleagues. We are working with many schools and Trusts to open doors.
Bob